Saturday, September 16, 2017

#Stacking the Shelves # 255 - Week Ending 09/16/2017 Post Irma


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

Thanks for Shopping by!

Well, that was an exciting week. Got through the weekend with IRMA churning up to 80 mph winds, only to wake up on Monday morning and find that our power went out, and our cars were nearly buried in water. Power actually came back on rather quickly after the water disappeared, which was nice considering my cell phone charger decided to stop working. 12,000 people still have no power, but that's a whole lot better than 250,000. Doesn't that just figure? Moral of the story. Don't trust Hurricanes. Don't trust when they claim the Hurricane will go in one direction, and then you suddenly find that YOU are in the path. Don't wait until the last minute to fill up on gas, or run to the store to stock on on batteries, water, bread, and munchies that won't go bad. DON'T LEAVE WITHOUT YOUR PETS! DON'T LEAVE YOUR PETS OUTSIDE TO FACE THE STORM ALONE! Also, if you are able, look into getting a solar powered lamp so you don't have to go through so many candles. For the record, Jacksonville had the most flooding this city has seen since 1964. I've been in Florida for 17 years, and never once felt as though I was going to end up with water in my home. 
Have a great weekend!
Shelley

This Weeks Reviews: 


Tuesday - Odd & True by Cat Winters (YA, Historical)

Wednesday - Fireblood by Elly Blake (YA, Fantasy)

Thursday - Nyxia by Scott Reintgen (YA, SyFy)



*REC'D VIA PUBLISHER, LIBRARY, EDELWEISS, & NETGALLEY*








11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're okay after Irma! First Harvey then Irma! This has been on crazy scary month! I was near tears seeing things on twitter about rescuers rescuing pets. Omg. I couldn't handle it. I reassured myself that they were safe now, but still. To leave your pet behind? Really? Heart-wrenching!

    Nice new reads! Other than Wonder Woman, these are all totally new to me ones! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you are okay after Irma. First Harvey, then Irma, now Jose....It's been a terrible month. I got upset seeing all those pets being rescued. Poor little guys. Hope you love all of your new coloring Books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you had to experience these storms, I live in Belgium and I really can't imagine what it's like. I'm glad you are okay! And of course you shouldn't leave your pets behind, that's awful!

    On another note, great haul! I just got Wonder Woman in the mail as well, my friend and I pre-ordered it together. I hope you'll enjoy all the books you got! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're going to get through this hurricane experience fairly well! I'd be scared out of my minds probably.

    I really want to get Warbringer and Inkmistress, too. They sound so great. The rest of your books look awesome too, Happy Reading!

    Here's my Stacking The Shelves.

    xx Yasmine @ Swissbookworm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are okay and didn't suffer too much damage as a result of the hurricane. What a nightmare for so many! I saw a photo making the rounds on Facebook about a couple who housed their horses inside their concrete house during the hurricane. I can't believe the people who left their animals outside . . . That's so wrong.

    I enjoy Alexandra Sokoloff's books. I have read the first three in the series, but haven't gotten beyond that yet. I have Warbringer on audio and am looking forward to listening to that one. Maybe that should be my next audiobook . . . I'm really curious about all your other books! They all sound good. I hope you enjoy them, Shelley!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you and your family are okay. Thanks for mentioning the pets. We already made donations to aid them and hope to send more soon. Nice bunch of books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh hey, I got Wonder Woman as well this week! I also requested Inkmistress a few days back. Great haul!

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, who would leave their pets outside :( I'm actually sad to think that there definitely are such people. THEY should be left outside to see what it's like. Poor pets...
    I'm glad it went relatively okay for you.
    And it looks like you have some great books on your list now :) Enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you and your property weren't too affected. It was kind of amazing, how the storm diminished by the time it reached Florida. Definitely a good thing, compared to Harvey. :/

    I loved Wonder Woman: Warbringer! Definitely one of my favorite Bardugo books. I hope you enjoy all of your new additions!

    Have a fabulous week, Shelley. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you're safe and sound, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing such nice resource for ebooks. really thanks for providing great list. http://aazae.com/

    ReplyDelete